You might ask yourself – How long does it take to smoke a cigar? Cigars are one of the most popular smoking habits worldwide. There are many different types of cigars, and each one takes a different amount of time to smoke. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced smoker, you need to know how long it takes to smoke a cigar.
Here are the questions we will be answering:
- How long does it take to smoke a cigar?
- What are the different steps in smoking a cigar?
- What are the different types of cigars?
How Long Does It Take To Smoke A Cigar?
Most people would agree that it takes around 20 minutes to an hour to smoke a cigar. This is largely based on personal preference and how tightly you pack the cigar. Some people like a loose cigar, while others prefer them well-packed.
Additionally, the type of cigar also affects how long it takes to smoke. For example, a Churchill requires longer than a Toro because of its size and complexity in flavor. If you want to see a huge variety of cigars, check out Premium Cigars of Georgia. They offer an extensive selection of cigars in Georgia.
What Are The Different Steps In Smoking A Cigar?
There are five different steps in smoking a cigar: pre-lightening, lighting, smoking, post-lightening, and cleanup.
Step 1: Pre-lightening a Cigar
Cigars are often enjoyed pre-lightened. This means that the cigar is not lit, but is just smoked. There are several ways to do this, including using a lighter or match. It typically takes around 1 minute to light a cigar this way.
Step 2: Lighting a Cigar
Cigars come in many different shapes, sizes, and flavors. It can be difficult to know how to light one without a few tried and true tips. Here are four steps to lighting a cigar:
- Hold the cigar between your thumb and the first two fingers. Make sure the cap is off of the cigar.
- Draw on the end of the cigar with a lit match, holding it about an inch from the tip. Be careful not to touch the flame to your lips or fingers.
- When you see smoke start to come out of the end of the cigar, slowly guide the burning match towards it until you see it glow brightly. Keep your hand close to prevent any accidental fire from starting.
- Casually hold the glowing cigar towards your mouth and take a few puffs- then blow out any remaining smoke
Step 3: Smoking a Cigar
Cigars can be smoked in a variety of ways, but the most common way to smoke a cigar is by holding it between the fingers and lighting it using a lighter. It usually takes around 15 to 20 minutes for a cigar to be smoked.
Step 4: Post-lightening a Cigar
Cigars are typically lit with a lighter. After the cigar is lit, it is then smoked. It takes about 1 minute to smoke a cigar.
Step 5: Cleaning a Cigar
Cigars are often enjoyed in a relaxed setting, with friends. It is important to take care of your cigar and clean it after each use. Here are 5 easy steps for cleaning your cigar:
- Open the window and allow some fresh air into the room. This will help eliminate any unpleasant odor from the cigar smoke.
- Grab a soft cloth and wipe down the cigar’s surface. Pay close attention to the stem, cap, bands, and foot of the cigar.
- If necessary, use a small amount of soap to clean any areas that require it. Allow the soap to soak into the cloth for a few seconds before wiping off any excess residue.
- Wipe down any fingerprints or other smudges that may have accumulated on the cigar over time with a dry cloth or paper towels.
- Finally, place the cigar in an ashtray or on a hard surface away from direct sunlight or heat sources
What Are The Different Types Of Cigars?
There are many different types of cigars, and each one takes a different amount of time to smoke. Find these cigars from a local cigar shop in Georgia. Here are the different types of cigars and their average time to smoke:
Type of Cigar: Robusto – 30 minutes
A Robusto is a long, thick cigar that is usually around 5 inches in length. A Robusto typically takes around 30 minutes to smoke.
Type of Cigar: Corona – 45 minutes
Corona typically takes 45 minutes to smoke, while a Churchill may take up to two hours. Ultimately, it all depends on how fast you want to enjoy your cigar and how big of a hurry you are in!
Type of Cigar: Churchill – 1 hour and 10 minutes
There are many different types of Churchill cigars, but the most common is the 5 1/2 x 42 size. It takes about an hour and 10 minutes to smoke a Churchill cigar. The best way to enjoy one is by slowly smoking it down to the nub, taking your time to savor its flavor.
Type of Cigar: Toro – 1 hour and 15 minutes
When it comes to smoking a cigar, there is no one answer that fits everyone. For some, an hour and fifteen minutes might be enough time to enjoy a good cigar. Meanwhile, for others who love to take their time, a smoke might last for an entire evening. Ultimately, the length of time it takes to smoke a cigar is based on personal preference and experience.
Type of Cigar: Jumbo – 1 and a half hours
The length of time it takes to enjoy one varies depending on the type of cigar and its size. A regular cigar typically takes around 15 minutes to an hour to smoke. For a jumbo cigar, however, it can take up to 1 1/2 hours. Regardless of the time it takes, always be sure to enjoy your cigars in moderation and take care not to overdo them!
If you’re new to the cigar world, or just want to learn more about how long does it take to smoke a cigar, hope this article helps. We’ve provided you with all the information you need to know in order to smoke a great cigar.
If you are interested in trying out different cigars, check out a local cigar shop in Georgia. Premium Cigars of Georgia is a one-stop-shop for all cigars and accessories.